With a Bow to Fozzie Bear

From a recent email exchange: ———————————- “It looks like there is a window at 0000 UTC Sunday (midnight Sat night.) Our plan is to go due East about two to three days, as the wind clocks establish a vector direct BVI. The wind is predicted to shift to the N so it will be a downwind sleigh ride. Slightly more detail. Be ready to leave around 6 PM Saturday. Wait for the wind to clock.to the South. Leave on a broad reach. Might have winds to 25 knots for a day or two – looks like there will be a calm to the immediate South. Clearpoint Weather suggests that there will be strong winds (25 to 30) but as the front passes they will moderate quickly (at the moment Sun 8 1900 UTC. So watch and wait but be ready to go. Plan is to blast due East on West winds, start working SE as the wind clocks. Cross Gulf Stream between 74 – 72 (where the stream seems to be heading East) on a West wind. Would love to know what the remainder of the fleet is thinking. Also if this seems lik
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/SailboatRacing-Rebootusa60493/~3/4bDprMe8DIM/with-bow-to-fozzie-bear.html

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s