The Dinghy Project


Starting in Pago Pago we noticed that the PVC part of the dinghy was coming loose from the fiberglass. We had a small tube of PVC glue and tried for a patch. It didn t work. When we got to Vuda Point we put the dinghy on the ground. Almost the entire seal between the PVC and the fiberglass was gone. Fortunately the local chandeliers had PVC glue, something we had been unable to find in American Samoa, Tonga and Savusavu. After many hours – most by Matt – of cleaning and scraping the old glue and dirt off today we reglued the entire dinghy. Thanks to Matt it is looking 100% better. Fair winds and following seas 🙂
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/SailboatRacing-Rebootusa60493/~3/gYKp_TuO-z0/the-dinghy-project.html

Thunder

Those who follow know that most of the time we were in Tonga and American Samoa we were plagued with rain. We even frequently had morning showers in Savusavu. Since we arrived in Vuda point it has been very hot and sunny. What goes around comes around. Tonight we can hear thunder. Fair winds and following seas 🙂
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/SailboatRacing-Rebootusa60493/~3/kPfUt8yUJ9w/thunder.html

Cleaning


Since Reboot is on the hard and we have expert mechanical help I decided to have the cooling system cleaned. It was a little more involved than I expected. Here are the intercoolers back from being cleaned and ready for installation. The engine is buttoned back up. We are still waiting for the new shaft. Fair winds and following seas 🙂
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/SailboatRacing-Rebootusa60493/~3/ii0AKfF80wc/cleaning.html