Tasman Sea

Goodbye to the Tasman sea. Hello again Coral Sea. I was told that the trip to Sydney was pretty easy and the trip back not so much. Sage advice. I left Sydney with two crew. After several days of miserable conditions we decided to go into Scarborough to refuel. They decided to bail as one of them was seasick for the entire trip. I got fuel. The forecast was for strong Southerly winds. Rather than getting beaten up anchored off Scarborough I decided to continue North. Decent trip until I reached the top of Fisher Island. Made the turn and headed for Bundaberg. Which of course was directly upwind. I made it across Hervey Bay in 25 to 30 knot winds and 6 to 9 foot seas. I ended up about 20 nm north of the harbor entrance as that was the best course I could hold. I anchored overnight and rolled and pitched. In the morning the wind had not abated and the forecast was for at least 3 more days of strong southeastern winds. I gave up and decided to head down wind to Gladstone. This of course
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/SailboatRacing-Rebootusa60493/~3/CabteYJ_MNQ/tasman-sea.html

Advertisements