Departure (delayed)

(Thunderstorms in forecast. Delaying until risk passes.)Leaving Sydney today. Heading north. May stop to see Aimee in Bundaberg. ETA Bundaberg 8 days. 3 pob + 1 cat. Daily position report via sat phone to WINLINK. Fair winds and following seas. :)Roger Jones/Sailboat RebootUS Doc 1046300/Sail # USA 60493Radio WDB8435/W2ZDB
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/SailboatRacing-Rebootusa60493/~3/2qyxuymuUiM/departure-delayed.html

Advertisements

Thunderstorms

I had a very unpleasant evening coping with thunderstorms. I came down to Morton Bay near Brisbane with Chandara. Steve of course went into the marina. I anchored out. It is a terrible anchorage in north trendline winds which are common this time of year. To make matters worse last night we had two thunderstorms pass through with winds to 40 knots. Having made sure Steve is settled and having made truant the store it is time to move on. Fair winds and following seas 🙂
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/SailboatRacing-Rebootusa60493/~3/dkdTdYVVeqA/thunderstorms.html