Good days, bad days, so so days

Reboot has been underway about 25 hours on our trip to Banda Island. So far the trip has been a mixed bag. After cleaning the islands around Debut we headed almost due west. Unfortunately the wind angle was a little too much downwind. Coupled with a beam sea (which rolls the boat) it was hard to keep the course I wanted to steer. Since then the wind has been up and down and we have had some rain. (Yesterday was hot and sunny.) So the comfort level has been up and down too. I am in company of about 5 other boats from the fleet. It is nice to know I am not alone. But it requires extra care to keep a good separation. Fair winds and following seas :)Underway from Debut to Banda Island, Indonesia 10:22 AM 29 July 2017.
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/SailboatRacing-Rebootusa60493/~3/wz_zMYjMgCY/good-days-bad-days-so-so-days.html

Underway Brisbane to Sydney

Things have finally calmed down after a long and tiring 24 hours.Course: 165 T.Speed: 4.0 kts.S 33 06.821E 153 02.681 Wind SSW 8Wave SW 6 ftSky 10%Bar 1016 Big wind shift, now clocking again.Fair winds and following seas :)Roger sv Reboot +61 (0)476 768 335
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/SailboatRacing-Rebootusa60493/~3/vizTPQqUNZI/underway-brisbane-to-sydney.html

Underway to New Caledonia (Oct 23)

Course 240. Speed 5.2 knots Wind SE 20, Waves SE 5 to 7 feet (on beam, we be rolling.) Position S 18 degrees 42 minutes E 174 degrees 11 minutes The first day is usually trying and this was no exception. Left Vuda Point Marina with a forecast of 10 to 15 knots of wind from the southeast. Got 25 knots from the southwest – on the bow. Add a knot or so of adverse current and 3 foot swells and Reboot slogged the 17 nautical miles to the pass in the reef at 2.5 knots. Thanks to mother Yanmar and the repairs in Vuda Point everything went well with no vibration. When surrounded by reefs and other boats one is always on edge. I sighed in relief when I cleared the channel. Reboot turned a little more west and the wind moved a little south so I was able to set sail. The wind and waves were on the beam and unfortunately the waves were running 6 to 7 feet. We have been rolling ever since. Settling in for the transit. First project was to find all the things that were making noise. That took the r
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/SailboatRacing-Rebootusa60493/~3/DzSFKAcTNAE/underway-to-new-caledonia-oct-23.html

Underway to New Caledonia (Oct 25 6:00 UTC)

A frustrating day. After making good progress the wind died today. Reboot has had winds of less than 6 knots for the last 8 hours. Fortunately she is light enough that we have still been making way. There was only one short period when I had to hand steer as the autopilot could not hold course. I had to alter course a bit to stay close hauled to build apparent wind. We are still heading (slowly) in the right general direction.I am about 100 nm from a decision point. I can turn north and head for port in New Caledonia. Or I can just continue on to Bundeburg, Australia. I don t have a strong need to make port. Hurricane season is fast approaching so I could only stay a couple of days. I might have mail (and possibly Matt) waiting but I would have to pay clearance fees. After my recent repairs my pockets are pretty empty. If the weather forecast continues for light air I will stop. If it fills back in I will continue to Australia directly.Fair winds and following seas 🙂
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/SailboatRacing-Rebootusa60493/~3/oR1qISOrQxg/underway-to-new-caledonia-oct-25-600-utc.html